Sunday, September 22, 2013

Observation 1.3

The hazy sky is scattering the Moon's light.

Date: 19 September 2013
Time: 6:25 am

The pictures above show a really bright full moon. Once again before going to school I saw the Moon which was so bright that even my room was illuminated from its light.

As you can see, it was hazy that day so the light scattered in the night sky. Unfortunately, the effects of light and air pollution also impacted the picture. It is a shame that so many of the beautiful stars in sky are shrouded by pollution.

However, on a brighter note, the Moon was 2 fists (10 degrees) above the horizon. Also, at that time I saw the constellation Orion which I was not able to take a picture of but I attempted to find the approximate distance from it to the Moon which was around 7 fists (35 degrees). I noticed from the day before, Orion had moved slightly westward in the sky as well.

In a day or two the Moon will soon start to become a Waning Gibbous and slowly it seemingly disappear.

No comments:

Post a Comment