Sunday, April 27, 2014

Observing With NASA 4

This is a picture of the Ring Nebula.

I processed this picture by adjusting the 3 images taken for me using the Linear and then Auto button. After that I reduced the noise of each one and then I changed each picture into a different color which were red, blue and green. I then converted the images into a stack and aligned the 3 pictures together after pressing the Shift button and then I converted them into an RGB.

Some facts about the Ring Nebula: Also known as M57, this nebula can be found in the constellation Lyra. In the middle of this nebula lies a white dwarf. The ring was caused by a red giant star dying and expelling all its gas into space. Even though there is no star in the nebula, it is still 200 times more luminous than our Sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment